The past several months found me with another year teaching beginning summer band, which was by far my summer's highlight. I had the rowdiest group of trombones I've ever had, but they did great and learned a lot. I'll tell more tales as time wears on.
For the time being, I want to announce a series of posts for people either looking at becoming music education majors or early on in their undergrad. Topics include:
- Why the piano is important
- What to expect (and not to expect) in your first couple years
- How to stuff 30 hours into a 24-hour day (kind of)
- Why instrumentalists should learn how to sing and vocalists should learn how to play
- How to pass Music Theory I and why that's the hardest class you might take