Monday, February 15, 2010

Day Off

Seeing as today is a holiday and there is no school, the start of my student teaching (for which I am beyond excited!) is delayed a day, and I'm finding myself with a day off. So, teachers out there, what do you do on your days off?

In other news, I'm starting student teaching tomorrow and could not be more excited. I'll be chronicling the experience as best I can here, and hope that it provides some insight for pre-teachers and for teachers hosting their own student teachers.

In other other news, I still plan on actually writing the series I announced before. I've got outlines just waiting to be filled out.

-Greg

2 comments:

Janice said...

Thanks for posting this update - good luck with writing the series.

edtromba said...

Hello,

I'm a musician, private teacher and software developer and appreciate the music education community.

I want to let you know about some iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad apps for trumpet/french horn/trombone players. I believe these apps can help with finger and slide positions as well as helping the student learn scales and chords. They are only meant to supplement practice and are NOT a SUBSTITUTE for actual practice. I envision it helping the brass playing student when the instrument is not available or when waiting in line for the bus, etc. It's actually fun as the student is scored for accuracy and speed and can share his results with others.

The apps and video tutorials are available on the following sites:

http://www.contactplus.com/trumpetpro
http://www.contactplus.com/trombonepro
http://www.contactplus.com/frenchhornpro

Regards,

Ed